Like the game of craps, Sic Bo is an ancient Chinese dice game that uses three die and has a layout that is very different than craps. Sic Bo, also known as “big and small” on its native continent of Asia, is becoming increasingly popular in casinos around the world and online. Exciting and easy to play, Sic Bo offers a wide variety of betting options and can pay out as high as 150 to 1.
In Sic Bo, players wager on possible dice combinations based on the game table. Players may wager on as many combinations as they wish in each individual. The dice are shaken by the dealer using a vibrating platform under a glass cover. Once all the of the wagers have been placed, the dealer activates the dice machine which initiates the roll. The outcome of the roll is displayed and the corresponding winning combinations light up on the gaming table. The dealer removes all losing bets from the table and proceeds to pay all of the winning players.
There are a number of different ways to bet when playing Sic Bo:
- You can bet on one number, which must appear on all three dice. This is called a three of a kind. The chances of winning this bet are slim, but the payout is great, usually 150:1.
- You can bet on one number, which must appear on two of the three dice. This is called a two of a kind. This bet pays 8:1.
- You can bet a three of a kind of any number. This is called any three of a kind and it pays 24 to 1.
- There is an area on the sic bo table known as “small,” which pays even money. The idea is that the sum of the dice will be equal to 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 excluding a three of a kind.
- There is also an area on the sic bo table known as “big,” that also pays even money. The idea is that the sum of the dice will be equal to 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, or 17 excluding a three of a kind.
- On the Sic Bo layout, there is a wide area with the numbers 4 through 17, corresponding to the sum of the dice. If you bet on a number from 4 to 17 and the dice total that number, you win. The payout is as follows:
- -If the sum is 4 or 17, 50:1
- -If the sum is 5 or 16, 30:1
- -If the sum is 6 or 15, 18:1
- -If the sum is 7 or 14, 12:1
- -If the sum is 8 or 13, 8:1
- -If the sum is 9, 10, 11 or 12, 6:1
- You can bet on two different numbers, which must appear on at least two of the three die. This bet is called a duo, and it pays 5 to 1 and the two numbers cannot be the same.
- The last type of bet is called a one of a kind, where you bet on a single number that must appear on one, two or all three die. The payout is as follows:
-If your number appears on one of the dice, even
-If your number appears on two of the dice, 2:1
-If the number appears on three of the dice, 3:1
Because Sic Bo is merely a game of chance, there are few strategies one can offer. The bottom line is to bet wisely and pay attention to the payout ratios as they are in line with the odds ratio.
Sic Bo is a great game to play at an online casino!